- Penrhiwceiber Rangers v Llanelli Town - Match report

                                PENRHIWCEIBER RANGERS   1   LLANELLI TOWN   2

     Having opened their season with two comparatively comfortable wins, accumulating twelve goals in the process, the Reds` visit to Glasbrook Field turned out to be a hard-fought affair with the home side posing plenty of problems for their opponents.

     Despite having lost their two opening fixtures, Ceiber showed they have enough talent and determination to eventually come good, and the Reds at times were fully stretched to keep them at bay.

     The visitors` cause was not helped by an injury during the pre-match warm up to Kieran O`Brien, necessitating in Declan John filling it at left back, while new recruit, Sam Wade, signed during the week from Goytre United, was elevated from the bench for his club debut.

     Two walking wounded in Richard Lewis and Ross Jones were also named as Reds` substitutes, with Lewis surprisingly coming on just after the hour mark for Steve Stone.

     An early blow for the visitors came when Luke Jones was forced off after only 13 minutes following a kick on his hip, being replaced by Steve Berry.

     Craig Richards in the Reds goal did well to smother on the line a fiercely struck free kick by Bradley Jones, and when the visitors countered, Ceiber keeper Gareth Price was called into action to cut out in the box a potentially dangerous delivery driven in low by Bruno Forkuoh.

     A powerful clearing header by Lee Bevan sent Forkuoh sprinting towards goal where his progress was halted by a challenge from behind by Jones and there were loud appeals for a penalty, but referee Garwyn Davies merely signalled a corner.

     At the other end, Brandon Davies nutmegged Berry before unleashing his shot on target which Richards parried and then grabbed at the second attempt with Brandon Hill poised for any error.

      Play was very even, but Ceiber were caught by a sucker punch on 39 minutes following a quickly taken free kick by Jak Shannon which left them flat-footed, allowing Wade to accept the chance to open his Reds` account by beating Price from the edge of the area.

     Berry pulled off an important challenge on Davies when he found himself in space and made ground towards the goal, but the home side eventually got their reward six minutes after the restart when a break up the right by Davies led to a ball inside for Dean Brown to find the bottom corner.

     The visitors were finding it difficult to impose themselves on proceedings, and in fact their opponents continued to create chances with Richards forced off his line to block when Davies again caused problems on the edge of the box.

     Robert Thomas delivered a superb ball across the face of the home goal which failed to pick anyone out, but he had better luck on 73 minutes by getting the Reds second success, seizing on a clearance before evading two challenges and rounding Price before slotting home for a well taken solo effort.

     He almost got another shortly after, but this time his shot came back off the outside of the post, before Lewis got in on the act in his usual enthusiastic manner, forcing Price into a point-blank save to somehow keep out his fierce strike on target, and being denied by the keeper again at his near post when he met a loose ball.

     A hard-earned three points for the visitors to preserve their 100% record, and with no game scheduled until their league cup tie at STM Sports on Saturday, 5th September, this will give the injured players time to recuperate and hopefully be then available for selection.

PENRHIWCEIBER RANGERS; Price; Evans; A. Davies; K. Jones; Morgan; Brown ©; B. Jones;

Hans-Spure; B. Davies; Hill (A. Jones); House; Subs, not used;

Peacock; Bowen; S. Jones; Edmunds.

     LLANELLI TOWN;                      Richards; Napieralla; John; Harries; Stone (Lewis, 61); Bevan ©;

Forkuoh (Holland, 68); Shannon; L. Jones (Berry, 13); Wade; Thomas;

                                                         Subs. not used; Martin; R. Jones.

     SCORERS;                                   Penrhiwceiber Rangers;  Brown, 51.

Llanelli Town – Wade, 39; Thomas, 73.

     YELLOW CARDS;                       Penrhiwceiber Rangers;  Morgan.

                                                         Llanelli Town ;   Shannon.

REFEREE;                                   Garwyn Davies (Morriston).