Llwydcoed Welsh League Players travelled to Stafford Common the home ground of their opponents to play their first game since November 9th. Unbelievably they were without three first team players Levi Jones (work commitments) and Morgan Andrews, Andrew Evans (social leave).  So Scott Griffiths and Luke Spencer received the call.




The hosts playing surface was in excellent condition and they were the first team to attack through Kurtis Morgan, Michael Morris and Daryl Hughes.  Llwydcoed's Lewis Holder organised his midfield players Jordan Ellis, Luke Spencer and turned defence into attack bringing Cian Cable into the game.  Gradually Llwydcoed began to gain a bigger share of possession, the Village were hitting a lot of diagonal balls trying to catch out the Llwydcoed defence whose Liam Jones and Gabriel Williams were alert to the tactic.  After the opening quarter Llwydcoed opened the scoring Jordan Ellis found space after being played through after good play by Craig Williams and Ross Daniels to score with the aid of a deflection this was Llwydcoed's best passage of play.  The Village goalkeeper  DIon Carroll miskicked  a clearance to Ross Daniels and Cian Cable but they failed to accept the chances.  The Village came through this period of play and almost equalised only a header off the goal line prevented the Village from equalising, a warning for Llwydcoed.  The first half finished with the visitors only one in goal in front deservedly.




HT 0-1




The second half started with Llwydcoed making a substitution Cori Mabey replacing the injured Craig Williams. From this they started attacking the Village defenders Dayle Selvage, Ryan Morgan Harri Lawson and Callum Dougal Morgan who cleared the threat, their keeper pulled off a top reflex save to keep the score to one goal.  Llwydcoed decided to make their second substitution with Dylan Jones replacing Luke Spencer,  Moving onto the final quarter the Village began to make more attacks  that the Llwydcoed defenders Scott Griffiths,  Gabriel Williams, Luke Davies and Liam Jones were able to defend until a lack of communication concentration allowed a Village player to find space and crossed to the far post  the Llwydcoed keeper Brett Davies could not clear and the Village number seven Kieran Richards scored to equalise, 

The Village players were the ones doing the attacking there seemed no way through the Llwydcoed defence whose Gabriel Williams was on top form that was until the 83rd minute a Village player was allowed room to cross into the six yard area and as the Llwydcoed keeper caught the cross he received a push from a Village  player the ball broke to the Village substitute Mark Howells to score, the goal  was given because the Assistant Referee did not see the push, a cruel blow for the visitors after playing so well but the missed chances in the first half by more than one player had come back to punish them.  The match ended with Llwydcoed on the attack but the final whistle blew with the Village the winners.