Penydarren travelled the short distance to play local rivals and deservedly won


0-2 with goals from Alexander Lloyd and Christopher Colvin.  It could have been a lot worse if it had not been for Llwydcoed's goalkeeper Brett Davies an outstanding display saving a penalty as well.




AFC Llwydcoed Manager Mr Matthew Driscoll was still without several players plus the latest injury casualty Gabriel Williams so Luke Davies was called upon


The Llwydcoed ground playing surface was below standard but that did not stop Penydarren from settling in to a first class opening.  The movement of Scott Pike, Alex Long, Asa Lloyd and Christopher Colvin was prominent and the early pressure saw them open the Llwydcoed shape as a cross came in the Llwydcoed defender Luke Davies handled no question, up stepped the Penydarren player Josh Brogden striking the ball into the left corner   The Llwydcoed goalkeeper Brett Davies read the situation to save the penalty.  A big let off for the hosts.


Llwydcoed were forced into a substitution with the excellent Scott Griffiths leaving the field through injury Kieron Bairstow replaced him.  Penydarren did not hold back they won all the possession and from another attack they won a corner and Penydarren's Alexander Lloyd scored with a free header in the (18 minutes).  Llwydcoed responded through Andrew Evans and Morgan Andrews but they were not helped by indiscipline, Penydarren were awarded a succession of free kicks putting more pressure on the hosts defence.  Penydarren almost scored a second goal through Christopher Colvin but you could have chosen a few.  Llwydcoed's goalkeeper Brett Davies was on top form saving his team on several occasions. The first half finished with Llwydcoed unable to test the Penydarren goalkeeper Stephen Price but unbelievably they were one goal behind.




HT 0-1




The second half saw the Llwydcoed players gain a  fairer share of possession.  The Penydarren defence of Alexander Lloyd, Ben Gibbon and Samuel Gamble cleared the threat and looked to turn defence into attack through Scott Pike and Joshua Brogden.  The Llwydcoed defenders of Kieron Bairstow, Levi Jones, Luke Davies and Liam Jones were able to stop the danger and began to build some pressure with Andrew Evans, Cori Mabey and Liam Jones combining, this was the hosts best spell but no real threat.  More good play with Callum Henry hitting a superb pass in between the Penydarren defence that Cori Mabey picked up and hit a superb cross that caused confusion in the Penydarren defence as the ball broke to Llwydcoed's Cian Cable the Penydarren defenders reacted quicker and cleared  Llwydcoed's best chance by far, the Llwydcoed player was forced to leave the field through injury shortly after Sebastian Hobbs replaced him.  As the match entered the final quarter Llwydcoed were the team doing most of the attacking through Andrew Evans and Callum Henry whose close range effort saw the Penydrarren goalkeeper save comfortably.  Then Llwydcoed won a series of corners that were below standard the Penydarren defence cleared easily, Penydarren almost broke away through the excellent Scott Pike it took another top save by Llwydcoed's  goalkeeper Brett Davies who else to stop Penydarren from scoring he was called into action yet again this time he saved a top free kick from Christopher Colvin who was not be denied in the (90) minute and scored to secure the victory for the visitors. 




A very disappointing display by Llwydcoed not helped by indiscipline.