- CALDICOT TOWN v AFC LLWYDCOED 23/2/2019 - Match report


Llwydcoed travelled to Jubilee Way the home ground of promotion candidates


Town and the visitors were not rewarded for a brilliant display.  The only thing missing for this were the goals the Town goalkeeper Gareth Wesson saving brilliantly on several occasions.




The opening  ten minutes saw The Town almost scoring the Llwydcoed players who had not played a league game since January 19th kept losing possession and only a tremendous reflex save from the Llwydcoed goalkeeper Andy hargreaves prevented  Town's Samuel Swann from scoring a certain goal.  More pressure by The Town a series of corners and they opened the scoring through ex Llwydcoed player Garin Withers, the ball actually hit his hand before going into the net, a cruel start for the visitors.  The movement of The Town players Richards Sharratt and Sam Swann was evident the.  Gradually Llwydcoed started to settle and they began to gain possession through Lewis Holder, Jordan Ellis and Michael Davies  it was The Town's defence to come under pressure.  More and more good play by Llwydcoed's Robert Evans, Ross Daniels and Elliott Morris saw them create more pressure for The Town defence whose goalkeeper Gareth Wesson saving brilliantly stopping Elliott Morris and Ross Davies from scoring.  Another chance this time from a corner of the same result stopping Luke Davies from scoring.  Llwydcoed's efforts had not been rewarded in the goals column so unlucky but credit to The Town goalkeeper for saving his team.




HT 1-0


The second half started in similar fashion with The Town defence under pressure, it only seemed a matter of time before Llwydcoed would score and Lewis Holder hit the post but still no goals.  The Town's defenders Jacob Guy, Matt James, Simon Crook and Sam Watkins were the ones feeling the pressure, the movement and control of Llwydcoed attacks were non stop with Jordan Ellis, Michael Davies Elliott Morris and Ross Daniels creating so much but as in the first half The Town goalkeeper Gareth Wesson saved the efforts.  Llwydcoed were still losing the match they had controlled for long periods they just could not score on the day and The Town players showed why they are up the top of the table, their defence galvanised their shape after being under pressure for so long and as much as Llwydcoed tried and tried they could not find a way through.  Even the introduction of substitutes Callum Henry and Corey Mabey could not give them an equaliser.  The final quarter of the match saw The Town break open the Llwydcoed shape as they pushed forward to finalise the scoring through Sam Swann and Harri Shelly.




So with eight games remaining every match has to be a Cup Final to prevent relegation and it all starts next Saturday March 2nd 2.30 ko against Dinas Powys.