- AFC LLWYDCOED v ABERDARE TOWN 2/5/2018 - Match Report








The much awaited rearranged Derby Match ended goalless to the disappointment of both sets of supporters.  Both sets of defenders were the key to no goals being scored.




The match started with Llwydcoed without Adam Butler, Jordan Ellis and long term injury casualty Luke Garthwaite & Jonathan Mason




The hosts settled well with Ioan Evans jinxing his way past Town defenders linking up with Liam Price.  Town responded through Rhys Williams and Elliott Morris.  Back came Llwydcoed with Jay Woodford breaking through after more good play by Morgan Andrews and Liam Price, chances came and went after some excellent attacks, Jay Woodford just failing to score.  The match then saw Town come into the match with Levi Jones trying his luck with a rocket shot forcing Llwydcoed goalkeeper Ryan Griffiths to tip his shot over the bar, they almost caught Llwydcoed's defence out leaving Seb Haggett unmarked and only Llwydcoed's goalkeeper Ryan Griffiths speed of thought stopped him from scoring.  More good play by Town's Elliott Morris and Matthew Glassey opened up the Llwydcoed defence with Gabriel Williams clearing the danger. The match was end to end both sets of midfield trying to gain the ascendency .  The half time whistle blew with Llwydcoed having a bigger share of possession but not really testing the Town goalkeeper James Harris.




HT 0-0




The Town started the second half better than the first with Levi Jones and John Phillips beginning to win possession when Llwydcoed had possession they were unable to win the aerial  play with Town's ex Llwydcoed player Luke Davies dominant the hosts Ioan Evans tried to open up the Town midfield the combination of the Town midfield and the uneven playing surface not helping  Mid way through the second half Town began to pressure the Llwydcoed midfield winning some free kicks in dangerous areas that were wasted, the Llwydcoed defenders Lee Williams, Gabriel Williams, Stuart Evans and Liam Jones were up for the challenge and their goalkeeper Ryan Griffiths saved his team with a brilliant low save from Seb Haggett shot the closest either team had come to scoring in the second half.  Llwydcoed rallied late in the second half through Rikki Evans, Correy Roberts, Morgan Andrews but the Town midfield of Rhys Tandy, Eliott Morris and Levi Jones covered the attacks supporting their defence.




The match ended goalless both defences midfield had cancelled out each other allowing both goalkeepers to have a comfortable match.