- Match Report - Goytre FC v Llanelli Town


                                         GOYTRE   1   LLANELLI TOWN   4


     A James Loveridge hat-trick and a Chris Jones goal, edged the Reds closer to the Welsh League division one title, and with just four matches of the season left, two more wins should see them over the line, even if nearest rivals, Haverfordwest County, pick up maximum points from their remaining seven games.


     The only downside to the win was the dismissal of Jordan Vickers five minutes into the second half for a dangerous tackle, and he was the only change to the Reds` starting line-up which had seen off Cwmbran Celtic in midweek to clinch a place in the League Cup final, replacing the unavailable Antonio Facciuto.


     On their first ever visit to Plough Road, the visitors were the first to threaten through Kurtis March when he met a clearance from a Lee Trundle corner to volley his 30 yard finish just wide.


     Trundle himself had a near post effort spilled by Glyn Garner in the home goal, but he managed to recover and grab the ball at the second attempt.


     He was however beaten in the 14th minute when a horrendous mix-up between himself and the defence allowed Loveridge to gain possession before rolling his finish into a vacant net.


     Buoyed by this, the visitors pushed forward and both Trundle and Loveridge saw their attempts blocked, before against the run of play and just three minutes after the opener, Goytre levelled matters through captain Kris Leek who connected with a cross from Ross Shergold and directed his header into the top corner past Craig Morris.


Despite this setback, the Reds continued to dominate, with Garner turning another Trundle shot around the post, before they suffered a blow when central defender, Lee Bevan, was forced off with an ankle injury with Robert Thomas taking his place after 35 minutes.


     Four minutes later, they regained the lead when Garner initially pushed out a fiercely struck March effort, but then elected to pursue the loose ball which had by now found its way to Jones wide on the left, and he curled a delightful finish into the empty goal with the keeper in no-mans` land.


     The visitors were playing with confidence, despite another below-par playing surface, and in first half stoppage time, Loveridge notched up his brace, cutting in from the right flank before firing beyond Garner into the bottom corner.


     Comfortably in control, the Reds were then reduced to ten men with the dismissal of Vickers in the 50th minute, but despite the numerical disadvantage they continued to take the game to their opponents, who were relying on the occasional breakaway in their attempts to salvage something out of the contest, one such foray culminating in a well struck shot from distance by Luke Ferryquest which Morris was forced to turn over.


     From the resulting corner, a frantic melee in front of goal led to both attackers and defenders trying to effect a result, before the danger was eventually hacked clear.


     A Chris Thomas clearance led to Loveridge challenging Garner for possession, with the keeper just able to smother it at the feet of the striker.


     When the hosts countered, Lewis Sommers directed his finish just wide of the near post, while Morris then did well to deny Oliver Dalton when he was put clear through the middle, parrying his effort away from goal.




     At the other end, both Jones and Loveridge had attempts on target blocked by defenders, while Garner got down to safely gather a Trundle free kick driven low into the goalmouth.


     On the stroke of full time, Loveridge deservedly completed his treble when a through ball by Trundle put him clear, and he kept his composure before slotting his finish past Garner to seal another impressive Reds` performance.


     GOYTRE;   Garner; Shergold; Ferryquest (Henley, 70); Howells; Garrett (Dalton, 57); Evans; Joliffe;


                       Molyneux (Carnegie, 70); Sommers; Prosser; Leek ©; Sub. not used; Davies.


     LLANELLI TOWN;   Morris; Graves; Vickers; Finselbach (R. Jones, 66); C. Thomas; Bevan


                                      (R. Thomas, 35); C. Jones (Davies, 77); March; Clarke ©; Trundle; Loveridge;


                                      Subs. not used; Samuel; Follows.


     SCORERS;               Goytre; Leek, 17.


                                     Llanelli Town; Loveridge, 14, 45+3, 90. C. Jones, 39.


     YELLOW CARDS;   Goytre; Molyneux; Howells.


                                     Llanelli Town; Loveridge.


     RED CARD;            Llanelli Town; Vickers.


     REFEREE;              Jordan Harman (Newbridge).


     ATTENDANCE;                    161.


     The Reds travel to meet Port Talbot Town on Saturday, kick off 2.30 p.m., and then have to wait 18 days before their next game which is at Cwmamman United on Wednesday, 9th May, before rounding off the season at Cwmbran Celtic on Saturday, 12th May.