Llwydcoed's losing run continues with the latest defeat away to Risca on the top 3G CCB Centre at Ystrad Mynach.



As in the previous week AFC Llwydcoed Manager Mr Lee Williams was unable to select from his full squad with Ryan Griffiths and Jay Woodford injured plus other absentees Adam Butler, Jordan Ellis and Morgan Andrews. So five players missing at a vital part of the season, so this gave young Callum Quinton and Tom Evans the opportunity.



The match ko with Llwydcoed building possession through Correy Roberts, Ioan Evans and Rikki Evans. The Risca players were the ones doing the defending, after more good play by Llwydcoed the hosts began to gain momentum through Alfie Jones and Daniel Battle, they won a free kick taken by Sam Palmer that went over the bar. Risca then began to look dangerous finding space on their right hand side that was cleared by Luke Garthwatie and Stuart Evans. The playing surface was inviting both teams to play attacking football, the hosts striker Tom Berry was allowed a shot from some good play and after winning a corner he opened the scoring shooting past the Llwydcoed goalkeeper Callum Quinton unmarked, a set back for the visitors who had played some excellent attacking play. Risca began to control possession at this stage but the Llwydcoed midfield of Luke Garthwaite, Correy Roberts and Liam Price rallied and created a chance to equalise, the Risca goalkeeper Angelo Rovaretti pulled off some vital saves and then against the run of play Risca found space linked up the play and Joshua Clayton scored. The response from the Llwydcoed players was immediate, their midfield opened up the Risca shape and won a penalty from a hand ball. Rikki Evans stepped up to score to reduce the scoreline. The attacking prowess of Llwydcoed midfield began more and more evident creating chance after chance with Liam Price, Jonathan Mason and Correy Roberts forcing the Risca goalkeeper Angelo Rovaretti into a series of saves. Also the Llwydcoed players looked in anticipation as the superb build up opened up the Risca defence but the final ball was not finished off. The first half had seen lots of attacking football by both teams. Risca had taken their chances and they punished Llwydcoed again for not covering the space and Callum Porter scored. The half time whistle blew with Risca in the ascendancy taking their chances and Llwydcoed who had far more did not.




HT 3-1




Llwydcoed introduced substitute Scott Walters in the second half into their defence. Risca settled the better at this early stage through Daniel Battle and Joshua Clayton and began to threaten the Llwydcoed defence who stood firm clearing the danger through Gabriel Williams and Stuart Evans. The match then swung towards Llwydcoed Luke Garthwaite played a terrific pass through the Risca defence to Rikki Evans but again the hosts goalkeeper Angelo Rovaretti pulled off a top save at a vital time to stop Llwydcoed from scoring. As the second half progressed Risca began to stop the Llwydcoed attacking moves. Chances became a lot less and as the Llwydcoed players began to push forward Risca started to find space in the Llwydcoed midfield/defence with Sam Palmer and Liam Head breaking forward.



As the match entered the final quarter Llwydcoed introduced another top young player in Cian Cable giving them more attacking options but the Risca defence/midfield were covering the attacking space moves by Llwydcoed. Both teams had some good attacking moves in the second half but no goals so Risca won with three goals in the first half.