- Match Report - AFC Llwydcoed v Cambrian & Clydach Reserves








Cambrian and Llwydcoed shared the points in an entertaining draw after Llwydcoed twice held the lead only for Cambrian to respond and draw level in an assertive twenty minute second half spell that Llwydcoed done well to survive.




The Llwydcoed starting line up was boosted by the return from injury of Jonathan Mason and squad player Luke Davies they kilted well and built the platform through Morgan Phillips, Luke Garthwaite and Connor Beasley with Jonathan Mason having the first shot. Cambrian responded with Joshua Phillips and Joe Meacham trying to break open the Llwydcoed defence with diagonal balls. The Cambrian defence were the team under the pressure with Llwydcoed's Robert Evans linking up the play. Cambrian cleared the danger and they started to build attacks. The Llwydcoed goalkeeper Callum Quinton was alert to the danger and then after a scrappy period by both teams Llwydcoed opened the scoring, the Cambrian goalkeeper George Jones misjudged a back pass, a deserved lead at this stage of the game. Cambrian responded they found space in the Llwydcoed defence and won a free kick and this time Joshua Phillips found space in the Llwydcoed defence wall and equalised and that's how the first half finished.




HT 1-1




Cambrian started the second half looking to gain the ascendency Llwydcoed responded and settled and began to bring Callum Henry into the match helped by Scott Walters, Robert Evans and Bleddyn Richards. They were rewarded for a good spell with Robert Evans lifting the ball over the Cambrian goalkeeper George Jones to score. Cambrian responded with their substitute Sam McCarthy making an impact and the Llwydcoed players began to give away a series of free kicks bringing more pressure and they equalised with Jessie White scoring. Llwydcoed were now the team on the defensive. Their goalkeeper Callum Quinton was the busier of the two goalkeepers as was his defence with Richard Morgan winning some vital headers. More pressure by Cambrian saw them win more free kicks and corners. Llwydcoed introduced substitutes Joe Boulton, Lewis Bansal and Bryan Forbes and after this difficult passage of play regaining their composure and it took a top reflex save from Cambrian's substitute goalkeeper James Watkins from Llwydoced snatching all three points tipping Jonathan Mason's pile driver onto the cross bar. Cambrian came again but Llwydcoed's defence/midfield saw out the match to gain a draw.