- Match Report - Penybont v Llanelli Town

                                            PENYBONT   0   LLANELLI TOWN   4

     A tremendous all-round team performance saw the visitors bring to an end their opponents` twelve match unbeaten run in no uncertain manner, and in truth, if they had converted all their chances, the final tally could easily have been doubled.

     Despite dominating the contest for long periods, the Reds had only a 13th minute Lee Trundle opener to show for their efforts up to the break, but in the second half, the introduction of James Loveridge changed proceedings dramatically, with him notching a hat-trick within a seven minute spell late in the game.

     The home side were also reduced to nine men after the restart with referee Bryn Markham Jones red-carding Joe Hopkins and Ben Symons, but even when they were at full strength, Penybont were hard pressed to contain a rampant Reds outfit who, on this form, are going to take some beating.

     Chris Jones set up the opening goal with a delightful through ball which Trundle collected before holding off the attentions of two defenders and lofting his finish over keeper Rhys Wilson.

     A number of other chances were also then created, but some wayward finishing by the visitors kept the scoreline to just the solitary success, while some desperate home defending also ensured the contest was not put to bed before the interval.

     But the hosts were really up against it just ten minutes into the second period with the dismissal of Hopkins for a rash challenge on Kurtis March, andwith the introduction of Loveridge for Jordan Follows on 65 minutes, events took an even more downward spiral for Penybont when Symons, who had been cautioned in the first half, received a second yellow, reducing them to nine men on 72 minutes.

     With their opponents on the ropes, the Reds were in no mood to let the opportunity pass, and after Wilson had done well to divert a long range effort by Loveridge around the post, he was beaten by the same player who was found by Trundle and fired into the net on 80 minutes.

     Two minutes later, the same combination set up the third Reds` goal, with Loveridge applying the finish  from another Trundle assist.

     A rare home attack led to Craig Morris, who had barely had to make a worthwhile save throughout, clutching safely a low strike into the goalmouth by Marcus Griffiths, before the final nail in the home coffin was hammered home three minutes from time when Trundle, in acres of space just inside his own half, set off on a run into the Penybont box before unselfishly setting up Loveridge for his treble.

     The victory sends the Reds to the top of the first division table, and while the season is still in its infancy, if they can maintain this level of excellence they will be hard to beat.


Wilson ©; Symons; Owen; Howard; Emanuel; R. Griffiths; Carpenter (Borge, 60);

Flay (M. Griffiths, 46); Hopkins; Kinsella (Webster, 83); Warlow;

Subs. not used; Jones; Regan (GK).


Morris; March; Faccuito; R. Thomas (Samuel, 83); C. Thomas; Bevan; C. Jones;

Davies; Clarke ©; Trundle; Follows (Loveridge, 65);

Subs. not used; L. Jones; Lewis; Coughlin (GK).

SCORERS: Llanelli Town – Trundle, 13; Loveridge, 80, 82, 87.


YELLOW CARDS: Penybont – Symons (2); Borge; Kinsella; Owen.

                               Llanelli Town – C. Thomas.

RED CARDS: Penybont – Hopkins; Symons.


REFEREE: Bryn Markham Jones (Swansea).