- Match Report - AFC Porth v Llanelli Town

                                        AFC PORTH   1   LLANELLI TOWN   7

 A Lee Trundle hat-trick and contributions by Liam Samuel, Luke Jones, Joe Clarke and Lee Bevan, eased the Reds as holders through to the third round of the Nathaniel Cars League Cup against their second division opponents.

     In truth, the final tally could have been in double figures, but over-confidence and a touch of show-boating led to six goals prior to the interval but only one in the second half.

     The visitors were without a number of players, but were well on top throughout, with early attempts by Jones and Robert Thomas just off target, before the opener arrived on 10 minutes courtesy of Samuel who volleyed home from the edge of the box following the initial build-up involving Trundle and Jordan Davies.

     Two further goals in the space of as many minutes then effectively killed off the tie, with Samuel turning provider by setting up Jones who rounded Porth keeper Lee Scott before finding the vacant net in the 23rd minute, while a short corner between Clarke and Trundle allowed the latter to line up his finish and smash it past Scott on 25 minutes.

     Eight minutes later, Trundle got his second with Clarke again involved, playing him in before a delicate chipped finish beat the keeper.

     The same two players were then involved in the fifth Reds goal after 37 minutes, with Trundle squaring a pass across the goal for Clarke to turn in from close range.

     Three minutes before the interval, a high cross by Trundle was met by Bevan who powered his header home at the far post.

     Despite being outplayed, to their credit the home team kept plugging away, and were rewarded on the stroke of half time when a well-weighted pass by Johnny Miller sent Tom Haley clear, and he shot across Scott Coughlan and just inside the far upright.

     If the visitors were expecting a goal fest in the second half it never materialised, and in fact their opponents might have had a second when a Joe Adamo corner was only partially cleared, leading to the loose ball being hoisted goalwards, and it took a saving header by Kurtis March to prevent it crossing the line.

     The Reds did eventually add to their tally with Trundle completing his treble on 74 minutes, firing into the bottom corner with Chris Jones and Samuel involved in the initial move.

     Safely through to the last sixteen, the Reds now await the draw for the third round of the competition which will take place in October.

     AFC PORTH;    Scott; Wright; Adamo; Wiliams; Brock; Coombes; Webber (Rees, 20); Louch;

                              Miller (Jones, 81); Haley; Hughes ©; Subs. not used; Kinsey.

     LLANELLI TOWN;  Coughlan; March; Faccuito; Morgan (Wade, 60); R. Thomas; Bevan; Samuel;

Davies (Lewis, 60); Clarke ©; Trundle; L. Jones (C. Jones, 71); Sub.not used;

                                     Morris (GK).

SCORERS;               AFC Porth – Haley, 45.

                                     Llanelli Town – Samuel, 10; L. Jones, 23; Trundle, 25, 33, 74; Clarke, 37,

Bevan, 42.

REFEREE;               Wayne Tregonning (Merthyr Tydfil).