- Match Report - AFC Llwydcoed v Abergavenny Town








Llwydcoed returned to winning ways after a five match losing run. The latest victory was based on some brilliant goalkeeping by Andy Hargreaves and total commitment by all the Llwydcoed players.



The AFC Llwydcoed Management Team were without squad players Luke Davies, Jonathan Mason John Marczak, Shay Friel and Rhys Welch so Morgan Andrews, Liam Price and Co/Manager Lee Williams stepped in.



The Town started positively moving the ball through their players creating some dangerous situations with Luke Lewis, Sam Oakley and Lewis Hitchcock combining. Llwydcoed's new look defence and midfield were under pressure as soon as the match started and their keeper Andy Hargreaves saved bravely as the Town player Luke Lewis broke clear. The pressure on the Llwydcoed defence was constant.

The Town were in control, they won a free kick and they found room in the Llwydcoed defensive wall and Llwydcoed's goalkeeper Andy Hargreaves pulled off a top low save to keep the scores goalless. After this difficult opening for the hosts they began to gain some possession from midfield through Morgan Andrews and Oliver Roberts, Ioan Evans and Joe Jenkins. Back came the Town through Geraint Hoskins and Ben Watkins. The defensive qualities of Llwydcoed's Levi Jones, Adam Butler, Lee Williams and Gabriel Williams were being tested and they showed superb character trying to stop the Town threat. This brought the hosts into the game and they began to threaten the Town defence with Joe Jenkins showing superb skills with Liam Price and Ricky Carter causing problems for the Town defence. This short spell of possession suddenly brought them a goal, the Town gave away a corner and Llwydcoed's Oliver Roberts flighted a low cross into the penalty area that the Town failed to clear and Llwydcoed's defender Gabriel Williams pounced on the loose ball and scored on possession at this stage of the match it was against the run of play. The Town responded threatening the Llwydcoed defence who saw out the half without conceding a goal.




HT 0-1




The early opening stages of the second half saw Llwydcoed gain good possession through Oliver Roberts and Ioan Evans linking up the play trying to find space in the Town defence who remained solid with Aaron Norman clearing the threat and as did his fellows defenders. The match was becoming so enthralling you had the Llwydcoed players attacking and the Town defenders clearing the danger and turning defence into attack and threatening the Llwydcoed defence. More good play by Town almost brought them a goal but no Town player could respond to the superb cross. Back came Llwydcoed linking up the play, the introduction of their substitutes Andrew Ellis and Tomos Morris saw them fit into the shape. The Town responded with their substitutes and began to change their shape to a more attacking force, would this allow Llwydcoed to find a way through the Town defence. As they pushed for the equaliser the Town goalkeeper James Aurelious was alert to this potential threat clearing a few times as Llwydcoed's Ricky Carter, Oliver Roberts, Morgan Andrews and Joe Jenkins combined a second goal by Llwydcoed would have been welcomed by the home supporters but back came the Town. They began to throw more players forward and threatened the hosts defence whose Gabriel Williams, Adam Butler, Levi Jones, Lee Williams and goalkeeper Andy Hargreaves were superb and that gave them the platform to play out the game for a total commitment display by all the Llwydcoed players for a brilliant team victory.