- AFC Llwydcoed U16 in Semi Final victory








AFC Lllwydcoed U/16 gained a thrilling victory and in doing so became the “History Makers” by making it to the Final, the first ever the Club has been represented, what an achievement for the Manager Mr Howard John, Coaches Mr Andrew Stevenson and Mr Michael Warren.




The Team travelled to Leckwith 4G for this difficult match. The playing surface was superb, Rangers used the advantage of the strong wind in the early stages and the Llwydcoed goalkeeper Calum Jones was called into action making a series of top saves, saving his Team. Rangers were finding too much room in the Llwydcoed's shape, at this stage the quality of the Rangers players on the attacking side was constant. After this difficult opening Llwydcoed players began to settle and build from midfield through Jay Woodford, Connor Phelan and Jake Salmon. The Rangers defence remained solid, back came Rangers creating more pressure on Llwydcoed's defence who in turn cleared the threat. The match had become more even, Llwydcoed were even gaining more possession with Cian Cable and Liam Price causing problems, but Rangers turned defence into attack, broke away and Jordan Campbell scored with a low shot. Llwydcoed's players were shocked by this set back and before they could regain their shape Rangers midfield player Jack Woodruff scored with a top shot. Rangers had gained the advantage, Llwydcoed tried to reduce the scoreline before half time with Jake Salmon and Liam Price combining but the first half ended with Rangers in control.




HT 2-0




The half time team talk by the Llwydcoed Manager Mr Howard John was inspirational and positive. A few substitutions were needed but most of all a goal and within ten minutes they scored two. The first saw Liam Price refusing to concede possession and crashed his shot through the Rangers defence to score. More pressure by Llwydcoed saw them win a corner taken by Connor Phelan and Tom Evans rose majestically on the far post to score and equalise. What a response, but Rangers were allowed back into the match a long through ball into the Llwydcoed defence that no one cleared allowed Jack Woodruff to score. So after scoring two goals they had conceded another. The visiting supporters did not have to wait long for the equaliser Jay Woodford was now controlling the midfield and Liam Price finished off the move to equalise. Again the Rangers Team were now under pressure, Llwydcoed's players were on top and they deservedly took the lead through Liam Price to complete his hat trick. The introduction of the second half substitutes Scott Warren and Wandi Banabotlhe had given them a platform to build around, defensively they were able to contain the Rangers attacking threat until Llwydcoed lost possession on midfield, a Rangers player raced clear and was fouled in the penalty area so Rangers had the opportunity to equalise from the penalty spot. Llwydcoed's goalkeeper Calum Jones had other ideas pushing away the penalty shot. Rangers were not finished the Llwydcoed midfield survived they were able to clear the threat and introduce their final substitutions Shaun McMullen and






Matthew Jones, with only one goal in it Llwydcoed's Cian Cable picked the ball up and ran forward and scored a screamer to seal the victory.




A memorable occasion for all at the Club. A pulsating game well refereed.







AFC Llwydcoed IMG_6466 20170107.JPG