- Match Report AFC Llwydcoed v Penrhiwceiber


Llwydcoed welcomed Rangers to their home ground for the return with Rangers looking to avenge last week's defeat. Both Managers selected different starting line ups with Llwydcoed Manager Mr David Haggett bringing defender Leigh Phillips into the team whereas Rangers Manager Mr Steve Haggett selected Ryan Buchman, Alex Jones, Matthew Glassey and late replacement James Seldon replacing Anthony Davies who failed a fitness test.




The Rangers players started to cause problems from the start. Brad Jones and Brandon Davies winning possession from Llwydcoed with Bleddyn


House creating problems for the hosts defence. Only some alert defending by Llwydcoed's Leigh Phillips and Rhys Welch stopped Rangers from punishing them. More good play by Rangers with Brandon Davies and Dean Brown combining. Llwydcoed were the team under pressure. Their opening play seemed casual, a goal for Rangers at this stage would not have been unexpected. After this difficult opening Llwydcoed began to create some attacking options with Michael Davies and Jonathan Mason combining. More good play saw Jonathan Mason race clear, his shot was saved by Rangers keeper Gareth Price with Tyler Hollidge running in unmarked. Rangers were still gaining good possession but that all changed. Llwydcoed's Leon Bansal and Ricky Carter created space bringing Joe Jenkins into play and he flew past the Ranger's players to score the opening goal. The Rangers players had played so well but that was all lost. Llwydcoed's midfield and the movement of their players saw Tyler Hollidge pick out Jonathan Mason with a quality pass to score. He didn't have to wait long for the compliment to be returned when he scored himself from a Leon Bansal assist. A fourth or fifth goal seemed realistic but Llwydcoed's Ricky Carter was off target. The first half finished with Llwydcoed on top. Llwydcoed were also forced into a first half substitution with Rhys Welch leaving the field with an ankle injury, Luke Davies replaced him.




HT 3-0




Rangers started the second half looking to score the opening goal to give them belief. They gained possession through Bleddyn House and Brad Jones. Llwydcoed's defence and goalkeeper Brad Davies were alert to the threat. Llwydcoed had their share of possession but too many times their strikers were caught offside and then Rangers found a way back into the game after Alex Jones was fouled in the penalty area. Dean Brown stepped up and scored. The Rangers players had scored the goal their early play in the first half had been warranted and they should have reduced the score line even further, Brandon Davies raced clear through the Llwydcoed defence but shot over, what a let off for the hosts. Llwydcoed came through this difficult period and introduced two more substitutes Christopher Vardon and Oliver Roberts. They still had a chance to score but the ever reliable Ricky Carter couldn't find the net.




The Match ended with Llwydcoed gaining the victory. The loss of Rhys Welch through injury in the first half taking the gloss of the game.