- Match Report - Cwmbran Celtic v Llanelli Town

                   CWMBRAN CELTIC   1   LLANELLI TOWN   3

     A first-ever win at Celtic Park courtesy of a Jordan Follows hat-trick, ensured the Reds bade farewell to the Welsh League, and can now look forward with some anticipation to life in the Welsh Premier next season.

     Follows, with a phenomenal record of 101 goals from 211 Reds` appearances, is just one of the reasons why they have deservedly won the title by a whopping 15 points from second-placed Haverfordwest County, scoring 87 goals in the process with a goal difference of 54.

     If they can retain the bulk of the present squad, together with a few quality signings in the close season, there is no reason why they should not more than hold their own when they embark on the challenges which await them in their new environment.

     Their last game of the season proved to be something of a cagey affair, with both sides going close without finding a breakthrough, with the first real effort of note coming from Kurtis March who let fly from 25 yards when set up by Lee Trundle, forcing Jordan Dibble in the home goal to turn it at full stretch around the post.

     Trundle then was instrumental in playing in Joe Clarke at the near post, but he failed to make a clean connection and the ball ran through to Dibble.

     The home keeper was in action again, this time keeping out at a shot on the turn by Trundle, while Celtic might have done better on the counter when Owen Cook picked out Andrew Larcombe who somehow spurned a shooting chance, instead electing to find Lewis Iles whose attempt was beaten clear by Craig Morris.

     The Reds` keeper then brought off a fine save to deny Cook when he struck a powerful finish on target, and from a Simon Prangley corner, Luke Jones connected with a downward header which bounced just over the bar.

     The same home combination then broke the goalless first half deadlock when Prangley sent over another flag kick, and this time Jones made no mistake, powering his close range header into the net on 50 minutes.

     The Celtic euphoria was short-lived, as their opponents were back on level terms within five minutes following a Trundle assist into the area which was met by a glancing header from Follows past  Dibble.

     More was to come for the visitors, who took the lead on the hour mark, and again Trundle and Follows were involved, with the former lofting a ball over the rearguard for Follows to collect and lobbing his finish over the advancing keeper and into an unguarded goal.

     Stung by these reverses, the hosts hit back, and a shot from distance by Lloyd Kinsella flew just wide, but with time running out they were well and truly sunk when in the 85th minute a disastrous loose pass across their own penalty box was gleefully snapped up by Follows, who completed his treble by rounding the stranded Dibble before finishing into an empty net, to ensure the visitors` were going home with maximum points.

     CWMBRAN CELTIC;   Dibble; I. Jones (Powell, 90);  Crees © (Connor, 89); Patel; L. Jones; Prangley;

                                          L. Kinsella; Cook; Iles  (Haggett, 75); Larcombe; Ham; Sub. not used; J.Kinsella.

     LLANELLI TOWN;  Morris; Samuel; Facciuto; Finselbach; C. Thomas; R. Thomas; C. Jones;

                                     March (R. Jones, 75); Clarke ©; Trundle; Follows; Sub. not used; Rees (GK).

     SCORERS;               Cwmbran Celtic – L. Jones, 50.

                                      Llanelli Town – Follows, 55, 60, 85.

     YELLOW CARD;     Cwmbran Celtic – Cook.

     REFEREE;                Alex McInch (Cardiff).