- Match Report - AFC Llwydcoed v STM Sports





Llwydcoed welcomed the League leaders to their home ground and gained a deserved draw full of tenacity and character.


AFC Llwydcoed Manager Mr Lee Williams was yet again not able tp pick the same team because Jordan Ellis, Rikki Evans, Correy Roberts Owen Orford and Luke Garthwaite were missing mostly through injury.


The opening steps saw Llwydcoed control possession through Jay Woodford and Morgan Andrews, STM responded through Chris Worsley and Joel Queni testing the Llwydcoed defence who were up for the test.  More good play by both teams and then the first real chance was created by Llwydcoed's Ioan Evans, he played a sublime pass through to Callum Henry but he  shot over the bar, what a chance.  Llwydcoed's movement was causing problems for STM with Liam Jones, Liam Price and Callum Henry doing brilliant but no goals for all the possession. The hosts were playing like a team up the top of the League but they were almost caught out when STM Chris Worsley broke into space but shot over the bar a big let off for Llwydcoed who returned to the attack with Cian Cable racing through from a pass from Morgan Andrews, he just failed to pick out Liam Price.  The half time whistle blew with the Llwydcoed supporters encouraged by this young team display.


HT 0-0


STM  started the second half more like a top team moving the ball through Lee

Gardiner and Jordan Francombe.  The Llwydcoed midfield defence had to be on their game as the pressure mounted but they kept and showed lots of character with Gabriel Williams,  Adam Butler,  Stuart Evans and Liam Jones outstanding.  This  gave their midfield of Jay Woodford, Ioan Evans the platform to attack the STM defence whose defenders Michael, Nessbert, David Biggs, Michael Hodge and Lee Gardiner stopped the threat.


As the match entered the final quarter both teams introduced their substitutes  Jonathan Mason for Llwydcoed and Lamin Conteh for STM.  The match was still goalless Llwydcoed had come so close to scoring through Ioan Evans whose shot hit the post and Adam Butler whose header bounced away when goal bound.  Back came STM trying  to break open the Llwydcoed shape, their goalkeeper Ryan Grifiths saving well, he had not really been troubled during the match and the STM had their best chance of the half, they had won a series of free kicks that the Llwydcoed defence had cleared but this time they left Lamin Conteh unmarked but he shot wide.


The match ended goalless, Llwydcoed had the better of the chances during the match but a point is acceptable.